CompTIA PenTest+ (CT8729)
Security remains one of the hottest topics in IT and other industries. It seems that each week brings news of some new breach of privacy or security. As organizations scramble to protect themselves and their customers, the ability to conduct penetration testing is an emerging skill set that is becoming ever more valuable to the organizations seeking protection, and ever more lucrative for those who possess these skills. In this course, you will be introduced to some general concepts and methodologies related to pen testing, and you will work your way through a simulated pen test for a fictitious company.
This course can also assist you if you are pursuing the CompTIA PenTest+ certification, as tested in exam PT0-001. The course is designed to provide content and activities that correlate to the exam objectives, and therefore can be a resource as you prepare for the examination.
A preferential rate (-15%) applies to the regular cost for non-profit organizations, as well as the government sector. In addition, you can benefit from additional advantages through a corporate agreement when you need to train several people or teams in your company. Contact us for details.
5 days / 35 hours
Minimum no. of participants: 5
5 days / 35 hours
Price on request
English or French
Lesson 1: Planning and Scoping Penetration Tests
- Topic A: Introduction to Penetration Testing Concepts
- Topic B: Plan a Pen Test Engagement
- Topic C: Scope and Negotiate a Pen Test Engagement
- Topic D: Prepare for a Pen Test Engagement
Lesson 2: Conducting Passive Reconnaissance
- Topic A: Gather Background Information
- Topic B: Prepare Background Findings for Next Steps
Lesson 3: Performing Non-Technical Tests
- Topic A: Perform Social Engineering Tests
- Topic B: Perform Physical Security Tests on Facilities
Lesson 4: Conducting Active Reconnaissance
- Topic A: Scan Networks
- Topic B: Enumerate Targets
- Topic C: Scan for Vulnerabilities
- Topic D: Analyze Basic Scripts
Lesson 5: Analyzing Vulnerabilities
- Topic A: Analyze Vulnerability Scan Results
- Topic B: Leverage Information to Prepare for Exploitation
Lesson 6: Penetrating Networks
- Topic A: Exploit Network-Based Vulnerabilities
- Topic B: Exploit Wireless and RF-Based Vulnerabilities
- Topic C: Exploit Specialized Systems
Lesson 7: Exploiting Host-Based Vulnerabilities
- Topic A: Exploit Windows-Based Vulnerabilities
- Topic B: Exploit *nix-Based Vulnerabilities
Lesson 8: Testing Applications
- Topic A: Exploit Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Topic B: Test Source Code and Compiled Apps
Lesson 9: Completing Post-Exploit Tasks
- Topic A: Use Lateral Movement Techniques
- Topic B: Use Persistence Techniques
- Topic C: Use Anti-Forensics Techniques
Lesson 10: Analyzing and Reporting Pen Test Results
- Topic A: Analyze Pen Test Data
- Topic B: Develop Recommendations for Mitigation Strategies
- Topic C: Write and Handle Reports
- Topic D: Conduct Post-Report-Delivery Activities
Appendix A: Taking the Exams
Appendix B: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA® PenTest+® (Exam PT0-001)
- One year access to the class recording
- One year access to the lab environment on Internet
- Course material accessible in electronic format
- Questions for practice on the exam
- Exam voucher included
- Certificate of attendance
- Intermediate knowledge of information security concepts, including but not limited to identity and access management (IAM), cryptographic concepts and implementations, computer networking concepts and implementations, and common security technologies.
- Practical experience in securing various computing environments, including small to medium businesses, as well as enterprise environments.
- Preparing for the CompTIA PenTest+ certification
- Exam code: PT0-001
- Cost: 0$ (included in your training)
- Skills measured
- CompTIA PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks.
- Successful candidates will have the intermediate skills required to customize assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate on and report findings.
- Candidates will also have the best practices to communicate recommended strategies to improve the overall state of IT security.
- Number of questions: Maximum 85
- Duration: 165 minutes
- Passing score: 750/900
- All details...
Contact us for more information on pricing::
130, King Street West, Suite 1800
Toronto, Ontario M5X 1E3