Microsoft 365 Access: Part 2 (MA6234)
Your training and experience using Microsoft Access has given you basic database management skills, such as creating tables, designing forms and reports, and building queries. In this course, you will expand your knowledge of relational database design; promote quality input from users; improve database efficiency and promote data integrity; and implement advanced features in tables, queries, forms, and reports. Extending your knowledge of Access will result in a robust, functional database for your users.
This course is the second part of a three-course series that covers the skills needed to perform database design and development in Microsoft Access.
This course focuses on optimization of an Access database, including optimizing performance and normalizing data; data validation; usability; and advanced queries, forms, and reports.
1 days / 7 hours
Minimum no. of participants: 6
1 days / 7 hours
Price on request
English or French
Module 1: Promoting Quality Data Input
- Restrict Data Input through Field Validation
- Restrict Data Input through Forms and Record Validation
Module 2: Improving Efficiency and Data Integrity
- Data Normalization
- Associate Unrelated Tables
- Enforce Referential Integrity
Module 3: Improving Table Usability
- Create Lookups within a Table
- Work with Subdatasheets
Module 4: Creating Advanced Queries
- Create Query Joins
- Create Subqueries
- Summarize Data
Module 5: Improving Form Presentation
- Apply Conditional Formatting
- Create Tab Pages with Subforms and Other Controls
Module 6: Creating Advanced Reports
- Apply Advanced Formatting to a Report
- Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Control Pagination and Print Quality
- Add a Chart to a Report
- Course material accessible in electronic format
- Certificate of attendance (on request)
To ensure your success in this course, it is recommended you have completed Microsoft 365 Access: Part 1 or possess equivalent knowledge.
It is also suggested that you have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and use a browser to access websites.
Contact us for more information on pricing::
130, King Street West, Suite 1800
Toronto, Ontario M5X 1E3